Tuesday 10 January 2012

An elegant element!

Well here we are on the other side of the holiday season with 2012 already well under way.  I hope you all had an enjoyable time and that you haven't broken all your New Year's Resolutions just yet!  I had a lovely quiet family holiday and I managed to squeeze in some beading time, which is just as well as the projects are mounting up.  A few weeks ago I was invited by The Beadsmith to join a group of international bead artists who were all asked to choose two clasps from the new 'Elegant Elements' range and then to make a couple of pieces to show possible ways to use the clasps.  The first clasp I chose was the CLSP40SP Nest with 6 pearls:


I fell in love with this little nest clasp as soon as I saw it and all sorts of ideas popped into my head, some of which turned out to be completely unworkable!  However, now I've spent around 50 hours on this piece, it is starting to take shape and I am hoping to have pictures of the finished necklace to show you in just a few days time.  In the meantime, here's a little peek at what's been on my bead tray for the last couple of weeks:






And as another teaser, here is a rather ungainly shot of one of the finished components.  Can you tell what I'm trying to create yet?  Leave your guesses in the comments box and I will be back to reveal the completed piece very soon!


5 comments:

  1. Love that clasp Kerrie! And I can't wait to see what your components turn into. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's either a beautiful version of a creepy crawley with legs and wings or a flower bud. lol I like it! Can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love don't tease us what is it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...a ladybug?? I love it, whatever it may be!!!! Cannot possibly wait to see!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All has been revealed girls!

    Kerrie x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.